The CNCC committee (2019) consists of a small group of club members (currently seven) who are elected at the annual general meeting to oversee the general day-to-day running of the club.
What the Committee Does
There are a number of reasons why we have a committee.
- To help the Chair make decisions based on the club’s constitution,
- to ensure the events run by the club’s members are facilitated well and are in line with the club’s governing documents,
- to review and revise the club’s governing documents so that they best reflect the current needs of the club and adhere to British Canoeing and legal regulations.
The positions on the committee are defined in the club’s constitution and outlined below:
There are four mandated committee positions. They are:
- Club Welfare Officer (CWO).
Without these positions being filled we can not form a committee and can not be an affiliated member of British Canoeing. Other members are necessary for the smooth running of the club and committee, these are:
- Club Safety Officer (CSO),
- Social Secretary
- Pool Secretary
- Equipment Officer
- Website Development Officer
- Joinior Representative
Not all of these positions are currently filled.
The Junior Representative is a junior member and point of contact for the junior members. Any views and concerns of the juniors can be taken to committee through the Junior Representative.
Meetings and Minutes
The committee meeting are open to all members – unless there is a reason for the committee to hold a closed meeting. Minutes and general meeting minutes are e-mailed to all members and are posted on the website.
2018 – 2019 Committee Members
|Honorary President||Terry Bloor|
|Club Welfare Officer||Gill Price|
|Equipment Officer||David Evans|
|Junior Representative 1||Megan Godfrey|
|Pool Secretary||Julie Potter|
|Safety Officer||David Walton|
|Social and Events Secretary||Sonia Mackenzie|
|Junior representative 2||Amelia Tunstall|
|Website Development||Robert Price|
Hover your ‘mouse’ over an image for their name – ‘click’ on an image to enlarge.